Vest 5 is ready to be used and tested. You can find the upgrade guide here.
Vest@5 is ready for testing! 🎉
I am excited to announce that Vest@5 is now available for testing! With many months of development, this new version is a game-changer in the world of validation libraries. Vest@5 retains all the existing capabilities of its predecessor, Vest@4, while adding a host of new default settings and usability features that make it more user-friendly than ever before.
What's New in Vest@5?
Here are just a few of the exciting improvements you can expect in Vest@5:
- Faster Performance: By default, Vest@5 now stops after the first failure of each field, reducing overhead and improving performance.
- Improved Usability: All suite methods are now directly on the suite object, which means there's almost no need to call
- Better Error Handling: The suite result now has an ordered list of all failures, making it easier to identify the first error in the suite.
getWarningMethods: These new methods eliminate the need to get the value from an array.
- Enhanced TypeScript Support: Added strict types for field names across the suite, making it easier for developers to write clean and reliable code.
These are just a few of the improvements made to Vest@5. I am excited to hear your feedback on these changes and any other thoughts you may have.
How You Can Help
As developers, your feedback is crucial to helping us improve Vest@5 and make it the best validation library out there. Here are a few ways you can help:
- Try it out: Install Vest@5 using the
nexttag and try it out for yourself. You can find installation instructions on the GitHub page.
- Report Bugs and Issues: If you encounter any bugs or issues while using Vest@5, please let us know! You can report issues on the dedicated issue.
- Review the Documentation: The documentation was updated to include both the version 4 and version 5 docs. Please review the documentation and reach out if anything is unclear or needs improvement.
- Share Your Thoughts: Whether you have suggestions for new features or behaviors, or simply want to share your overall experience with the API, I want to hear from you! You can provide feedback by writing on the dedicated issue, sending a message on the Vest Discord server or reaching out to us on Twitter.
For those who are currently using version 4, migration docs are available to make the transition as smooth as possible. You can find these docs on the documentation website.
Happy Vesting! 🚀